Monday, September 19, 2011

Ready to Start Another Journey

Preview of my next trip. This time it will be a trip with Gay ( leaving Bob at home) where we two sisters will travel for two weeks to the cities of Prague, Bratislava and Budapest under the guidance of Road Scholars.
While I understand that this is not exactly part or my father's trip, it is nonetheless an area in which he did travel at one point in his youth and for me it is another journey of discovery. And this blog is just the easiest way to keep track of all our journeys no matter where they are being taken.... so there!.
These are three cities which I've never visited, and I'm looking forward to discovering new foods, new cultures and a chance to see three cities which until recently were part of the Soviet bloc.  While all the travel books say that the three cities have recovered their joie de vivre, I am sure there will be nooks and crannies which allow for a peek into that more repressive time.
We fly on September 27th so as they say, 'watch this space'.

No comments: